Chat Arena
You are not logged in. Login or regsiter now

This is a forum where you can Chat, Advertise your website and play games. This is a fantastic forum, join now and have fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chat Arena
You are not logged in. Login or regsiter now

This is a forum where you can Chat, Advertise your website and play games. This is a fantastic forum, join now and have fun.
Chat Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum software

+2
kavin
Ulquiorra Schiffer
6 posters

Go down

Forum software Empty Forum software

Post by Ulquiorra Schiffer 2010-10-25, 20:54

Question is self explanatory I believe...

Like: I really like MyBB. Been using it for over a year now and it didn't disappoint me so far. Recently (few months ago) I also started to make my own themes (one of them located in signature). My favourite feature of MyBB is its plugin system which allows us to install new modifications without breaking a sweat Smile

Dislike: I really hate SMF. Tried it out like milion of other softwares, but I really disliked it's default theme and specially the administration control panel. Even though SMF is really popular I think that its one of the worst (if not the worst) forum software that you can use.
Ulquiorra Schiffer
Ulquiorra Schiffer
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

http://stylemybb.com/

Back to top Go down

Forum software Empty Re: Forum software

Post by kavin 2010-10-29, 22:38

I like MyBB because of its security. My primary site is a security related one, and so i obviously should care about security much.
I hate phpBB for the very reason, it lacks proper security.

kavin
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gemmk1 2010-11-03, 01:43

i like vb ive tried phpbb i could not get my head round installing mods.Mybb i didnt like it didnt have enough to offer,I did like dolphin software but not the intergrated forum
gemmk1
gemmk1
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by josephc4 2010-11-06, 00:55

I really like vBulletin, because you pay for quality and that's exactly what you get, great customisability, great styles, modifications, etc...

I also like phpBB, it's free and does everything you would need if you're running just a basic forum.

There's nothing i dislike really other than free hosts (doesn't matter the software).

josephc4
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Snobothehobo 2010-11-10, 10:18

I really don't like any software but phpBB. However, most are fine if you're just posting on them. I don't even like POSTING on vBulletin forums, though. vBulletin is just terrible.

I've been using phpBB since phpBB 2.0.3, and I've never been disappointed with it. Smile

Snobothehobo
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil 2010-11-15, 14:54

I don't really dislike software, some I like less but I have yet to find one taht is a complete disgrace for me, furthermore as a mere member i have no problem adapting to different software.

I liked vBulletin but I am in the understanding quality dropped a lot in the last update and many changes made people keep the past version. I am attracted to phpBB versions because PHP is a language I'd like to learn more about it. But if I was to pay, I'd be for IPB.

Kaynil
Kaynil
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down